Renunciation of Citizenship
How To Apply
The completed Forms should be forwarded to the Embassy together with:
1. Formal application letter for renunciation of Ghanaian citizenship addressed to the Hon. Minister of Interior, Accra, through this Embassy. This letter should indicate the name and current address of the applicant’s parents and whether he/she is indebted to the government of Ghana by way of the bond, scholarship or otherwise – documents should be submitted in English.
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
3. Two (2) recent and identical passport size pictures.
4. A letter of warranty from the state in which the applicant resides. The warranty should be translated into English if it is in any other language either than English, and both versions submitted.
5. Evidence of not being indebted to the Ghana Government if the applicant has traveled for further studies abroad under the Ghana Government Scholarship.
6. Copy of applicant's Ghanaian Passport (Bio Data Page).
7. Return the completed application forms (together with the form copy) and the relevant documents together with either a pre-paid self-addressed envelope or DKK 150 for return postage.
8. It may be pointed out that the renunciation becomes legal only after the Renunciation Certificate has been issued.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Embassy either in person or posted to the address below:
Egebjerg Alle 13
The Certificate would be signed by the Hon. Minister for Interior and it would be released to the applicant upon submission of the applicant's Ghana passport to the Mission.
Address: Egebjerg Alle 13,
DK - 2900 Hellerup
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org /
Consular Email: email@example.com
Phone: +45 3962 8222
DAYS: Monday to Friday
TIME: 9:00 am to 15:00 hours
WEEKENDS & PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: Closed
Consular Working Hours
DAYS: Monday to Thursday
TIME: 9:30 - 13:30 hours
Telephone Hours: 10:00 - 12:00 hours
Fridays, Weekends, & Public Holidays: Closed
Copyright: Embassy of Ghana - Denmark