Let me welcome you all to...
PRESS ACCREDITATION APPLICATION
Guidelines for Foreign Correspondents Visiting Ghana
2. In the event of the need for correspondents to travel at short notice to cover breaking news in Ghana, permission can be sought from the Director of Information Services in Accra through Ghana High Commission.
3. The visiting correspondents should indicate the purpose of their visits, members of government and officials they would wish to interview and places of interest they would like to visit.
4. Request for interview with the President should be accompanied by questions for the interview. The questions should be received in Accra not less than four (4) weeks before the arrival of the correspondent in the country.
5. Requests for interview with Ministers of State and Government officials should be made through the Information Services Department.
6. Visiting correspondents should, on arrival in the country, report at the Information Services Department for accreditation before they undertake any assignment. A fee is charged for the issue of press cards to foreign correspondents.
7. The accreditation covers only one visit. However, accreditation for resident foreign correspondents is given for a year, subject to renewal. Application for renewal should be accompanied by a written confirmation from the correspondent's employers that he is still in their employment. A fee is charged for the issue of accreditation covering a period of one year.
8. Correspondents based in areas where there is no Ghana mission accredited to their country may fax details of their travel documents and flights schedules so that the necessary arrangements can be made for them to be issued with entry permits on their arrival in the country.
9. Personnel of the Armed forces, Police, Immigration, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service (CEPS) and Prisons should not be photographed, filmed or interviewed without prior permission being sought through the Director of Information Services.
Issued by: Information Services Department, Accra
Connect with us on Facebook