Her Majesty Margrethe II...
RENUNCIATION OF GHANAIAN CITIZENSHIP
The applicant may purchase Renunciation Forms from the Embassy of the Republic of Ghana in Copenhagen at a fee of DKK 1,100.
How to Apply
The completed Forms should be forwarded to the Embassy together with:
1. Formal application letter for renunciation of Ghanaian citizenship addressed to the Hon. Minister of Interior, Accra, through this Embassy. This letter should indicate the name and current address of the applicant’s parents and whether he/she is indebted to the government of Ghana by way of bond, scholarship or otherwise – documents should be submitted in English.
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Two (2) recent and identical passport size pictures
4. A letter of warranty from the state in which the applicant resides. The warranty should be translated in English it is in any other language either than English, and both version submitted.
5. Evidence of not being indebted to the Ghana Government if applicant travelled for further studies abroad under Ghana Government Scholarship
6. Photocopies of All Pages of applicant’s current Ghana Passport.
7. Return the completed application forms (together with the form copy) and the relevant documents together with either a pre-paid self-addressed envelope, or twelve (12) international postal coupons, or DKK 130 for return postage.
8. It may be pointed out that the renunciation becomes legal only after the Renunciation Certificate has been issued.
The Certificate would be signed by the Hon. Minister for Interior and it would be released to the applicant upon release of his/her Ghana passport to the Mission.
Application Fees and Codes
G2 = Standard Fee (Cash payment & Self or Courier Pick-ups)
H2 = Application Fee + Bank Transfer Charges + Postage for a weight of 1 passport
|Bank Transfer charges (DKK)||Postage Fees (DKK)||
Application Fee + Bank Fee + Postage Fee (DKK)
Completed applications can be submitted at the Embassy either in person or posted to the address below:
Please note that Renunciation processing time varies from applicant to applicant, and it is determined by the Ministry of Interior – Accra.
1. Applicants who want their passports to be posted back to them after the visa or passport or any other documents is complete, should include in their application 12 international postal coupons, or add 130 DKK to the application fee. Please refer to the fees and codes above and pay accordingly. Applicant can also buy Danish Stamps if they can find one in their various countries. Kindly note that Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, and Icelandic stamps CANNOT be used in Denmark.
2. Twelve (12) International Postal Coupons or 130 DKK is the cost for posting 1 passport. Please contact your local post for more information.
3. Applicants can also arrange for a courier (DHL, UPS, FEDEX, or EMS) service for a pick-up.
4. Applicants can also collect their passports in person at the Embassy during working hours.
Method of Payment
a. Payment may be made in cash (payable at the Embassy) or by Certified Bank Cheque. All consular fees can be paid into Danske Bank Account (details below). All bank charges/fees must be paid by the applicant. Do not post cash!!
b. Foreign cheques drawn on Danske Bank attract a bank fee of DKK 200.00 per cheque. Those drawn on other banks attract a fee of DKK 100.00. Applicants must make provision for these fees when making payment for visas by such means.
c. Applicants transferring money from a different bank either than Danske Bank should be aware that it takes a couple of days before the transfer is successful. Applicant’s bank receipt does not mean the transfer has been successful since some of them end up transferring into wrong accounts.
d. To speed up processing of the application, applicants are advised to make payment directly at the nearest Danske Bank and submit application with their receipt of payment.
Payment may be made in cash payable only at the Mission. The Embassy does NOT accept any other currency either than Danish Krona. Visa, Master, Paypal, or any form of card payments is NOT acceptable. Do not post cash!!
Bank Transfer or Certified Bank Cheque
The Embassy accepts bank transfers paid into a Danske Bank Account below:
For those outside Denmark
Bank Name : Danske Bank
SWIFT : DABADKKK
IBAN : DK35 3000 3109 1148 47
For those in Denmark
Bank Name : Danske Bank
Account No : 4001 3109114847
Danske Bank Address:
Holmens Kanal 2-12,
1092 Cph K
The Embassy wishes to inform all applicants to personally transfer application fees at any Danske Bank office close to them.
Applicants should take note that Foreign Cheques attracts a bank charge of 200 DKK. Money transferred from another bank either than a Danske Bank will attract a transfer charge of 50 DKK. Applicants are therefore advised to pay all bank charges to avoid shortage of application fees. Any application in which the Embassy is debited with bank charges will not be processed. Please check with your Bank.
The Visa Application fee or receipt of payment must accompany your application.
Application Fees are NOT REFUNDABLE if the application is unsuccessful.
Connect with us on Facebook